The favourite events module is a useful tool to assign favourite event forms to a role. Event forms set as favourites appear on the home page for people with that role, as long as the role includes data permission for the event forms that you assign. Having favourite events makes it easy for people to create records or access the history for those events. Favourite events also appear in the sidebars when people use Smartabase in their browser.
EXAMPLE: SETTING UP FAVOURITE EVENTS FOR A MEDICAL ROLE
In this example, we’ve set up three favourite events for team doctors in Smartabase. We chose event forms frequently used by doctors when examining athletes – injury, illness and medical consultation event forms. Having these forms as favourite events made them more accessible to doctors.
Note that adding favourite events to a role using the favourite events module will override users’ existing favourite events. This includes any favourite events personally set up by people with the role you’re assigning favourite events to.
HOW TO: SET UP FAVOURITE EVENTS AS AN ADMINISTRATOR
- Log in to the admin interface.
- Select the favourite events module.
- Click to add an event form you want to set as a favourite event.
- You can add multiple favourite events and arrange the order in which they appear for the user.
- Select the role you want to assign the favourite events to.
- Once you have assigned favourite events to a role, they’ll appear on the home page for every user with that role.