Numeric functions relate to mathematical operations. Numeric functions work across all calculations (regular, text, option, table, historical) as long as the arguments for the functions are numeric.
- abs: returns the absolute value of a number.
- ceiling: rounds a number up.
- floor: rounds a number down.
- gt: determines if the first value is greater than the second value.
- gteq: determines if the first value is greater than or equal to the second value.
- ln: calculates the natural logarithm of a number.
- log: calculates the logarithm (base 10) of a number.
- lt: calculates if the first value is less than the second value.
- lteq; calculates if the first value is less than or equal to the second value.
- mod: calculates the remainder when dividing one number by another.
- pow: raises the first value to the power of the second value.
- safe: returns a number value or zero. Useful when fields that are part of a calculation might be empty.
- sqrt: calculates the square root of a value.
- sum: calculates the sum of all values.
- trunc: returns the closest whole number.
Was this page helpful?
Let us know if this content is useful for you. We're always looking for ways to improve our support.