A system message can be created using the system messages module and set up to display on users’ home pages. These are typically short messages used for major announcements or encouragement, although Smartabase has the capacity to include videos, images and other media in a system message. The visibility of a particular system message can be specified by applying it to people, roles, groups or a combination of these.
EXAMPLE: CREATING A SYSTEM MESSAGE
This example shows a new system message that can be edited in the system messages module. The title is what heading the message will appear under at the top of a user’s homepage. The body is where the content (text and/or files referenced using HTML and/or CSS) is specified. The auto open option can be ticked to have the message displayed without the title being clicked. For large messages, it is best to leave this option unselected.
Once the Save button has been selected, people, roles and groups become available to apply the system message to.
HOW TO: CREATE A NEW SYSTEM MESSAGE
- Log in to the admin interface
- Select the system messages module
- Select Create New System Message from the Options drop-down at the top of the page
- Name the system message using the Title field
- Compose the system message in the Body field
- Set Auto Open to the most suitable setting
- Click Save
- Enter the people, roles or groups (or a combination) that the system message should be displayed for
- Click Save